Pages

7.1.12

Velvet #2







Top: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: vintage
Skirt: Topshop
Shoes: Primark
Necklace: Topshop
Ring: gifted

It's probably no secret to you by now that I have a slight (probably one of the biggest understatements of the century) addiction to velvet; the texture, the way it changes its appearance under lighting, I could go on all day. You may even think I'm borderline obsessive (I think so too). 

Quelle surprise! Another outfit with a velveteen twist!  I absolutely adore this skirt; this is the first time I've worn it out but I think it could be worn just about all year round. In winter, layer it with a jumper (or sweater for all of you in the States) or cardigan, and (top tip coming up!) throw in some tights or leggings underneath the skirt for added warmth. After all, nobody would know any different because it's maxi. During the warmer months it would be worn with a cool band shirt or blouse. The possibilities are endless! I'm rapidly becoming a die-hard fan of maxi skirts and their incredible versatility.

I'm just about to go out for a meal with my family in celebration of my grandad's 70th birthday. Happy birthday gramps! 

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

28 comments :

  1. soo pretty! love the entire outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! I'm not sure if I could pull off a velvet skirt, this looks really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that skirt is a showstopper! Lovely outfit :)

    Drea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cardigan, the color matches your hair and ties the whole outfit together I think! you look lovely!

    <3 Zoe
    http://grandtheftthrift.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you velvet skirt is rad!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh I love the velvet! very cute

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazin skirt!

    kiss

    happy new yearrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really amazing photos, I like them! Great post!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win an amazing dress by entering the Free People giveaway??? on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great taste and style! check out mine and share your comments please!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, we really love the velvet maxi! It's so fab and great for layering and transitioning from day to night!

    ox,
    -Davie+Erica
    Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

    >>http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That velvet skirt is just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That maxiskirt is fantastic! I'm loving it! I also like how you've combined it. Oh, and for I forget, you have amazing hair.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing skirt! and those shoes are perfect!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair is seriously amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the skirt! I love velvet :) And I really love the cardigan with this too...it's all wonderful!

    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit, I love velvet but can never combine it in the right way, not like you at least. You're hair is awesome!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice photos and really cool outfit, you look great, I like your skirt, what a great color and that cardigan is so nice, the perfect touch to the outfit also you are really beautiful and your shoes rock! You have an awesome blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!
    Also make sure to enter my 100$ giftcard giveaway to spend at Shopbop.

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  19. too cute!!!


    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have a velvet addiction too! love this skirt. it looks perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that skirt on you! I have been lusting after that skirt for ages! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have such an amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds kinda weird but your hair is crazy awesome!

    ReplyDelete