Pages

27.2.12

Silk and Velvet






Silk shirt: vintage
Velvet leggings: Urban Outfitters
Coat: H&M
Shoes: Office
Ring: Topshop

Today is one of those rare but glorious days where I'm not swamped under stacks of homework, so I thought I'd write up this outfit post from the weekend. 

This outfit is currently one of my favourites. I love the combination of silk and velvet which just screams 'grunge'; an aesthetic which I swear by nowadays. I got this shirt quite a while back but I hadn't worn it a great deal until I recently bought these leggings. I'm so pleased to have finally found something to pair it with! 

Recently I haven't been able to put this lipstick down. I particularly love how it looks when paired with my Topshop cross earrings, which I also wore in this post but unfortunately aren't noticeable. When my dad first saw me wearing it he said, "your lips look horrible." Thanks for the confidence boost, dad! I suppose it's not everybody's cup of tea, as I said in an earlier post. Then again, this is coming from a man who parades around on holiday wearing a bum bag and socks with sandals, thinking it's the height of fashion. (Note to self: never take style advice from dad.)

This coat is yet another one which has been borrowed from my sister. One of the advantages of having one or more siblings is that you can borrow and share their clothes, and vice versa. At least I can rely on my sister for her opinion of an outfit, as opposed to my dad. She says that this coat is getting too small for her so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll eventually pass it on to me. I think it's about time that it had a new owner (hint hint). 

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

34 comments :

  1. I really love this outfit! And that lipstick! :))
    Xo, Smitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lipstick is DEFINETLY my cup of tea. It wouldn't tough suit me at all, but it looks so amazing on you. WOW : D ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is awesome. so is your blog, followed! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with your dark lippy, those leggings are the bees knees btw ! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love lipstick and leggins *-*
    you are beauty <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Amazing photos :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovely outfits! =] I especially like the curtain you used as your backdrop!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore your look! your hair is amazing. Loving the colours of this outfit...I am a huge fan of velvet and those leggings are awesome! I just did a post on velvet as well :)

    xoxo Ally
    pinsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair! Stunning color!

    Nathalie
    http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the black lipstick with your hair color... i keep going back and forth on trying it on myself.
    love always xoxo

    http://socialsexystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those leggings are soo awesome! great shoes too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black lipstick is incredible, I love it. It looks excellent on you! haha, yes, NEVER take style advice from a father, my dad is always getting involved in what I decide to wear.. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog. Love the cat tail on the first photo. Great styling. I followed you on both GFC and Bloglovin. I hope that you like my blog and follow back on both, If you have a mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love black lisptick and you pull it off so well love the grunge look the best leggings ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah! This is STUNNING! This is my favourite outfit post, I'm so honoured to know such a talented person! I remember when we both went together and you bought that shirt <3 They work fantastically well with the leggings! I love the shoes too, a nice combination of grunge, but versatile too. I'm usually not a fan a of black lipstick, but it really suits you! You're one of the few people I know that suit black lipstick. The lipstick really makes your facial features stand out. You look so perfect omg. Raw talent <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are gorgeous, I love your style xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those leggings are perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything about this outfit. Your style is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We like your hair in this photos! Gorgeous look!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh you totally rock that lipstick like I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this outfit - you pull off grunge far better than I ever could! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely outfit! Check my blog and follow me if you want!
    Ioana

    http://www.fashionspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these photos, You look lovely!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely love your hair!! and those leggings are great!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your hair is lovely!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow your hair is gorgeous! and amazing leggings

    please check out my fashion blog- http://stylebykls.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty! We seriously love this look! Amazzzzing.

    PS. We've a giveaway to Number A on our blog! Check it out, if you'd like! :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  28. yea I love this outfit and your shoes are just woaahww!
    really good!
    http://llkillu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. you have such a great style! love your hair do!! happy to be your newest follower. xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this outfit so much !
    you're followed :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete