Pages

8.8.12

Polka Dot Swishiness







Scarf: vintage
Dress: thrifted
Boots: Doc Martens
Bag: Ebay
Jacket: New Look
Watch: vintage
Rings: Topshop and Ellise Vintage

This outfit is very 1960's housewife-meets-rockabilly-esque, or at least I think so. I bought this dress a few months ago from a local charity shop for just a mere £4. With me being a gal with a penchant and weakness for a thrifty bargain, I couldn't resist its retro-feminine charm and polka dotted wonderfulness. Within seconds subsequent to clapping my eyes upon it, I had snaffled it up in a performance of pure amorousness and enthusiasm, à la Rebecca Bloomwood in true Confessions of A Shopaholic fashion. If I was ever to own a dress solely for the purpose of swishing back and forth to I'm Shakin' by Jack White, this would be it. Heck, I'll even insert a clip of the song right here, purely for your very own amusement and pleasure. In fact, if you're sporting a swishy skirt or dress whilst reading this, you have my permission to begin dancing and frolicking around the room.



Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

19 comments :

  1. This is my favourite blog post you have EVER done. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing outfit, I love it all! Obsessed with Jack White's new album, this song is one of my faves :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you mixed the girly dress with all the grungy black and leather so good!!!

    http://geekusavintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing outfit, love love love love it!
    you look gorgeous! xx

    coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/
    facebook.com/rocknrolllies

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo rockabilly, you look SO GOOD!

    xx,
    Izumi
    Hybid Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable. you look like an absolute doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reallyy loove the look!!! WOW!!! you look so gorgeous =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!

    www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. like a pin up, so nice x

    BANNER EXCHANGE, SPAM YOUR BLOG FOR FREE!: I Have A Deer (CLICK HERE)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT dress. Beautiful look.
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, that looks great!


    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're beautiful, I love your hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm a huge fan of your dress! what an absolute bargain. this look is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete