Pages

30.8.12

RIP Summer


 





Hat: H&M
Blouse: thrifted
Skirt: Topshop
Chelsea boots: Topshop
Rings: Topshop, gifted

I wore this outfit a few days ago on a shopping trip to Liverpool, just a day after purchasing this blouse from a car boot sale for only £1. By now I expect you're all familiar with my behavior when it comes to bargains, so I'll save you all the boredom of having to read an explanation as to why I bought it. On another note, I finally got round to purchasing myself a bowler hat, and, in all honesty, I don't think I'm ever going to take it off my head. I had eliminated the idea of getting a bowler hat from Topshop after taking a peek at the extortionate price tag (£25 for a hat?! I don't think so), so I thought I'd opt for the cheaper H&M version. Unfortunately it seemed that everybody else had the same idea, as every time I popped into my local H&M in the hope of getting my hands on a bowler hat which I so eagerly longed for, I was disappointingly informed that they'd sold out. On my final attempt (which I don't know the number of, as by this time I'd lost count) I managed to snag myself the last one in the shop. In the words of Borat, I suppose you could call this endeavor a great success.  

It brings me great sadness to think about the summer coming to an end, but alas I have to return to school in less a week. Unfortunately once school has once again commenced, I'll be unpleasantly greeted with a ticket to board the one-way express train heading towards the realm of GCSEs, the land of despair and stress. Last year I took exams in History, IT and Science, which I recently received my results for. Luckily I wasn't as disappointed as I had anticipated- in fact, I was rather pleased. It's relatively confusing, but the History and IT results contribute towards my final mark, whereas the science exam counts as one GCSE, as I shall eventually receive two. Fingers crossed I'll be as successful in the upcoming school year!

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

29 comments :

  1. Amazing shirt, such a cute pattern
    Xoxo
    sasha
    http://bubblingupinblue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun Ive been browsing through your blog and i love your style! - instant follower! ^^

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your results went well and THAT BLOUSE, what a bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaagh I totally don't understand the British school system (despite living in England) but YAY for doing well on your exams! You look way cool. Why is your hair always really awesome-looking?? Luuuuv it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit! I have that shirt from George at ASDA it was only a tenner!:o

    floraldisastersblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your so pretty ! Adore your shirt :)

    Laurenbehappy.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great and I love your bowler hat
    Well done with your first year of GCSE's by the way; I'm sure you'll do great this year too (: Wait until you start a degree - that's where the panicking begins! Aha xoxo

    http://mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the wee comment on my blog :) I honestly love your style and am glad to see someone else who loves a thrifty bargain :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to get a little bowler hat like that. There is honestly nothing better than good thrifty bargains!

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great style!

    www.starsbypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I´ve got a similar skirt, but it´s a piece of 90s fashion, so the denim is very strong and I cant move very well in it. what a pity..

    but you look very nice in your outfit :)
    and sorry for mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. the blouse is so sweet, love the cheapness of boot sales! the bowler hat really suits you, wish i could wear them!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously need to get a H&M bowler hat if they're selling out! Love your outfit, I really like how the skirt is styled, it really suits you! x

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the skirt paired w/the blouse.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love your top!
    It goes perfect with your hat<3

    Now following you, would love if you could follow back!

    livingthrufashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this set! you look perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there. I'm a future cat lady too. And I just fell in love with your hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I really love your blog and your style
    Follow each other?
    Kisses from spain

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look bangin! you remind me of Tia from UncleBuck, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a really great unique style! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing in this outfit! Can't believe that shirt was only a pound! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that thrifted shirt - that is such a amazing find and I am utterly obsessed with your bowler hat as well.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this outfit so much! Especially the bowler hat, it makes me want to get mine out again!

    thoughtsfromanotherkook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete