Pages

11.2.13

Beret It






Beret: gifted
Shirt: thrifted
Dress: vintage
Coat: Primark
Shoes: Office
Bag: Urban Outfitters
Watch: Casio


For what seemed like an eternity I'd been searching for the perfect plain white shirt: a piece which I think should be a staple in anybody's wardrobe. I finally found one on a trip to my local charity shops a few weeks ago, and I intend to wear it religiously as a layering device, so I apologise in advance if your eyes begin to fizzle out due to seeing it too frequently in my future posts. On this occasion I decided to wear it under one of my favourite shirt dresses; albeit I can't decide if the double collar looks a little odd. I'm presently looking for an inexpensive pinafore dress to wear over the shirt, so if you have any suggestions I'd be extremely grateful if you left them in the comments! 

Fortunately I'm off school for the week, which means I can have a social life again and catch up on some well-deserved sleep. Alas, as soon as I return to school I'll have workloads up to my eyeballs, and I wont be able to have another 'proper' break until my exams are over in five months time. Ah, the joys of GCSEs! As a result, I'm trying to make the most of the current break, so today my sister and I went into my local town for a spot of thrifting and a visit to my favourite cafe for lunch, as you may have seen if you follow me on Instagram (my username is 'sarahcolee', fyi). I spotted the most beautiful faux fur coat (very Margot Tenenbaum-esque), but unfortunately it was too large for me and I couldn't justify the price of £10, as it seemed a little expensive for a charity shop. On the other hand, I did buy a vintage printed shirt which I'll feature in an upcoming post, and some adorable ribbons for when I next wear my hair like this. I quite like this hairstyle, especially with the beret- what do you think? I'm pining for my hair to be long again, and consequently I've become incredibly bored with how it is now, so I've started to experiment more. I'm looking into trying Lee Stafford's Hair Growth Treatment, so if you have any success-or the opposite, for that matter- stories I'd love it if you left them below. It'd be good to know whether or not I'm wasting my money before splurging on a product!

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo 

12 comments :

  1. This is beautiful Sarah, I love the beret! I've been looking around for an inexpensive pinafore lately too but I gave up and spent £42 on one from Topshop! It's totally not worth it because it's too short and needs to be hemmed to increase the length :(. I'd advise to check out eBay, it seems they're just far too hard to source from any high-street shops at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm singing the "Madeline" theme song in my head as I look at this outfit! I didn't spot the double collar at first, but upon you mentioning it I scrolled back up and I really like it.

    I've heard good things about the Lee Stafford treatment, more so that it's a good scalp soother. I've been taking sea kelp to help my hair grow and I although I can't see the growth myself I have had a few positive comments. It makes your nails grow like crazy too!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are way too cute! Love the shirt and the jacket and your wee beret is suepr cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos , great outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are beautiful and that coat is to die for! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello sarah i have been reading your blog for a long time and you have inspired me to make my own blog. it is called www.modelstrut.blogspot.com, i have only recently made it and it is not finished at the moment. i really like your clothes here the collar is really pretty. if i am honest with you i prefer your old location of photos near the trees because these photos are not very bright and the background is mostly dark which makes the clothes seem dull when i know they are not dull. do not take offence, you are very pretty and i like the clothes that you wear. you inspired me to make my own blog. Is there any way i can contact you besides here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your honest feedback! If you wish to contact me you can do so through my email address, sarahcolee11@gmail.com.

      Delete
  7. I really like how you've layered everything and I think you've managed to pull the double collar off! I think they usually look a bit weird but they work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit! Its beautiful! Your coat and bag is gorgeous :)

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I still got half term! Enjoy your break :)
    I love that dress and your hair looks so cute. Let us know how the Lee Stafford treatment goes! xx

    mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete