Pages

20.6.13

Nifty DIY: How To Do Ombre Nails


You will need: 
  • Two (or more) colours of nail polish
  • A clear topcoat 
  • A sponge (I used a makeup sponge, but if you don't have one you can cut a regular sponge into small wedges) 
  • Cotton buds
  • Nail polish remover
  • Nail decals (optional) 
  • Tweezers (optional: these are used to apply the nail decals)



Paint the nail polish onto the sponge in stripes, as shown above. Make sure that the colours overlap slightly where they touch, so that they blend when applied to the nails.


Dab your nails with the sponge. You may need to do this a few times to ensure that the colour is as opaque as you would like. Once you have done this remove the excess nail polish on your skin using a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover. 


Apply several topcoats. I recommend doing more than one, as the nails may be slightly bumpy due to the dabbing method used. This will even out the surface. If you want to use nail decals like I have (see below), apply them with tweezers before doing the topcoats. After you have done this paint several topcoats over them to secure them in place.



It's as easy as that! If you try this tutorial then I'd love for you to send me a photo of the finished result! Contact me at sarahcolee11@gmail.com, or you could tweet me at @Sarah_Colee.  

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

P.S. As of July 1st GFC will cease to exist, and I'd hate to lose you all! Please follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking on the link in the sidebar, or you can import all of the blogs you follow on Google reader to Bloglovin' by clicking here.

10 comments :

  1. How effective! I'm off to get me some sponges!!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the colours you've chosen as well. Will definitely be trying this; it looks much easier than I thought it would be. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, I love you for doing this haha. I've wanted to try this out for ages. Thank you :)

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whiee, I love ombre nails! Your look really nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a good idea, love the ombre trend- want to follow eachother?xx
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...so beautiful.
    Turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks amazing! I've always wanted to try out ombre nails, but all the tutorials I'd see were super difficult. Most definitely am going to try this out using this tutorial! x
    http://dreamfishingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete