Pages

18.8.13

August Wishlist

August Wishlist




Motel skater skirt dress / The Ragged Priest black top / H&M skirt/ Topshop skirt / ASOS pumps/ Topshop necklace

Much to my dissatisfaction, temperatures in England have been falling recently and consequently I've been eyeing up a few items in preparation for autumn (typing that just made me shudder slightly). During the colder periods of the year my style tends to lean more towards a grungier aesthetic, whereas in the summer I opt for a more bohemian look. This is definitely reflected in this month's wishlist consisting of mostly black pieces, with smatterings of tartan, leather and velvet: my go-to fabrics during the winter. On a visit to Topshop last week I tried on the leather skirt and Ragged Priest jumper shown above and instantly fell in love with the combination, which looked rather modern-witch-esque. At the moment I'm developing a bit of a penchant for cut-out detailing; however considering this jumper cost £45 I couldn't justify spending so much on such a simple item of clothing. If you know of any good dupes please let me know in the comments below! The other day I noticed a blue version in Primark in the sale, although I couldn't find it in black so I assumed it either didn't exist or had sold out. 

On a separate note, earlier today I changed the appearance of my blog slightly and also added a blogroll. I'd love to hear your honest opinion on it, because I think I'm now suffering from "I've been staring at something for too long and can't decide whether or not it looks good" syndrome. Did I overdo it on the swirly font? Too much mint? 

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

14 comments :

  1. This cut-out jumper is so UGH, no words, but you can make one own your own! I made a similar one with a long-sleeved cropped jumper and it's look really good! I've also been eyeing up this top but as you said, the price also pushed me back.. Otherwise, your layout is pretty cool! X

    http://unhealthyfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im the same, my style tends to darken a lot during the colder months! I absolutely love your layout and your header is pefect x

    hiyaitsjordan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god those clothes are too cute. Fantastic choice
    unicornskill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is sooo nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such amazing style..that motel dress is gorgeous and those pumps..those pumps!!!! Great I definitely love your vibe!! plus your name is Sarah too!! x
    http://sarahlikesfashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. loooooove tartan skirt, awesome choices- so ready for autumn now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the motel dress sooo much, the leather skirt is also awesome. xx
    www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good taste :) this outfit totally rocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great choice I agree Sarah :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also dying to buy a tartan skirt! That motel dress is also extremely pretty :)

    elephantide.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. that floral dress and those velvet shoes are to dieeee for.

    formphantasm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete