Pages

10.8.13

Girlie Grunge

IMG_7825 IMG_7884 IMG_7897 IMG_7930 IMG_7999


Boots: Dr Martens ("Billie Boot")
Dress: H&M
Necklace: Primark
Headband: Primark 
Belt: vintage
Jacket: H&M 

Since purchasing this crochet dress months ago it rapidly became one of my favourites, but surprisingly I hadn't yet featured it on my blog until now. It has become somewhat one of my summer staples, and I wouldn't have been able to live without it on my recent holiday to Turkey. At the moment I'm really into pairing really feminine dresses with grungier, more edgy pieces like black boots and a leather jacket, and this dress is ideal for doing so. Speaking of black boots, these ones arrived in the post earlier today: my very first pair of Dr Martens! You may have seen me tweeting about them when I bought them last week, as I was lucky enough to pick them up for a bargain price with a 60% discount via Secret Sales. I'd never previously shopped on this website, but it's definitely worth checking them out and signing up to their mailing list to stay in the loop, as brands are usually only on sale for a few days at a time. I think at the moment they're selling OPI nail polishes for a discounted price, so make sure you have a look! I'll probably live in these boots once I start college in September, although they're more of a winter boot due to the faux shearling lining.

I had a ton of hilarious out-takes from this post, some of which I posted on Twitter. You can take a peek at them by clicking here- feel free to have a giggle at my expense!

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

16 comments :

  1. That dress is a beaut! I got the sleeveless version in the H&M sale for holiday, but this version could be so much more versatile for all year round. I'm liking your blog header too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow those boots are mighty fine! and you m'lady are a total babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such gorgeous pictures x
    http://jadegillett.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous outfit, i love giving girly dresses a bit of a grungy vibe with leather too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the outfit, the dress and boots are the erfect combo,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely combination!
    You look so pretty!

    Path to my Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love the crochet dress :) so pretty

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flower crown and tough boots are the perfect contrast!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and I really love it! I love the contrast of the feminine dress with the DMs. Following :) xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lace and leather...absolutely loving it~~~

    I will probably leave alot of comments because I really love your look!

    x
    http://sarahlikesfashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete