Pages

12.1.14

Blog Birthday & New Year's Resolutions

IMG_8881













IMG_8895

I know this post is rather belated, but better late than never, right? Not only is it the new year, but it's also my blog's second birthday, as if there wasn't already enough reason to celebrate! I'm still in shock that I've been posting my nonsensical ramblings and outfits on this little space of the internet for two years, and that over 600 of you have kindly taken an interest in what I post, many of whom have been by my side from the very birth of Nifty Thrifts. I suppose this post is a bit of a thank you, as without you guys I'd have nobody to share my musings, inspirations and personal style evolution with. Before I get too sentimental and cross the border into cringe-worthy territory, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and also tell you my new year's resolutions:

1. Get my blogging mojo back: over the past few months I seemed to disappear on more and more frequent hiatuses due to an increase in my college workload, but I've decided that it's integral to find time for the things you love, despite what compromises you must make to do so. I'll admit since I dropped art I no longer feel able to express my creativity as often as I'd like to, so I'd definitely like to change this and be more adventurous in terms of blogging. That means regular outfit posts, inspiration moodboards, articles on subjects I'm passionate about, lifestyle posts, recipes, and even the odd scan of pages from my journal. Starting from today I aim to post at least once a week. I'm sure you'll all help me stick to that!

2. Write in my journal as often as I can: speaking of getting my creative juices flowing, I've decided I'm going to write in my journal more frequently. This was one of my resolutions last year, although I didn't really commit to it. Whenever I'm feeling inspired I'm going to pick up a pen and write in my journal, be it a word-vomit style entry on what I'm feeling, a list of some sort, or simply a doodle or photo montage. I think it's important to document your bouts of creativity in order to feel a sense of catharsis and allow ideas to form. Sometimes I feel as though my thoughts accumulate in my mind in a sort of tangled mess, so I think this resolution will help me to feel more organised and on top of things.

3. Say yes! This was also one of last year's resolutions, and I can proudly say I stuck to it and stopped saying 'no' to so many opportunities. It took me a good six months to fully immerse myself in this practice, but towards the end of the year I managed to accomplish so many things, and for that I can honestly say I'm proud of myself. For this reason I thought I'd try continue this in 2014, as there's no harm in trying things: after all, what's the worst that could happen?

Here's to another year of blogging and accomplishing goals! What are your new year's resolutions?

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

6 comments :

  1. Nice goals - would like to see your posts more often :)

    http://daisychainprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2 year anniversary -- and fingers-crossed more years to come!

    sagelliv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2 years birthday Sarah + Nifty Thrifts :)
    Don't worry I'm still reading your blog even when we're not at school together :)


    xx

    jenniewren3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy second birthday to Nifty Thrifts! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog birthday! It is always lovely to read your blog <3

    Chamomile Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your blog. I wish I wanted to say yes more often.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete