Pages

28.6.14

Current Music Favourites

  

Since purchasing a Spotify Premium membership I've recently started getting back into discovering new music, and nowadays you'll never find me on public transport without one of my Spotify playlists playing in my ears. I thought it'd be fun to share with you what I've been listening to lately, so if you'd like to see more of these posts in the future then tell in the comments below and I'll consider making it a regular occurrence on my blog!

1. Feels- Giraffage: I found out about Giraffage because they were playing in the background of a YouTube video I was watching. I was determined to find the artist and ever since I've been obsessed. 'Feels' and Teen Daze's remix of 'Even Though' are particular favourites of mine, so if you haven't heard them already I highly recommend you do so. 

2. Morning Kisses- Theophilius London: I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about that song that simultaneously puts me in a good mood while making me want to get up and dance. If you're in desperate need of an instant pick-me-up then this one is for you. 

3. Ready For Your Love- Gordon City (MNEK remix): In my mind this is the perfect chillout song, and the video for the original is just as incredible. Sit back, light some incense and relax.

4. West Coast- Lana Del Rey: I went off Lana Del Rey a while back since I thought her music wasn't varied enough, and while her newest album as a whole hasn't really done it for me I've really been enjoying her recent single releases. 'West Coast' is probably my favourite of the few: it has an ethereal dreamy vibe going on and I currently have it on repeat. 

5. How's That- FKA Twigs: I discovered FKA Twigs a while back but hadn't listened to her in a while; that is until I heard this song playing in Urban Outfitters and was reminded of her genius. Her music is strikingly distinctive and definitely worth a listen. 

6. Sweatpants- Childish Gambino: My boyfriend introduced me to Childish Gambino and ever since I've been hooked. 'Sweatpants', '3005', 'The Worst Guys', 'Fire Fly' and 'Outside' are among some of my most played, although the list could go on. Donald Glover, I take my hat off to you.

7. Giving It All- Bondax (Joe Goddard remix): It's not often I find a remix of a song I prefer to the original, but this one falls into that category without a doubt. I'm ridiculously excited to see Bondax at Leeds fest, and I'll definitely be dragging my friends with me so they can understand my love for them.

8. Yet Again- Grizzly Bear: This song was probably my most played last summer, which is why it holds a special nostalgic significance for me. In fact, it's probably one of my all-time favourites. Grizzly Bear have immense talent and I urge you to check them out if you haven't before.

Let me know what you think of this style of blog post, I'd love to receive your feedback!

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

3 comments :

  1. I love this type of post! I'm going to go listen to everything you suggested, and I agree with Lana Del Rey not being varied enough - like I adore her but some of her songs don't do much for me purely because they're not individual enough, but her new album seems pretty good!

    http://bsarahoates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really loving West Coast recently too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have wonderful music taste, I love these xxx

    thevelvetwonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete