Pages

12.11.14

October Favourites

IMG_9819 IMG_9820 IMG_9822

I've been extremely busy lately with college work and applying to university so I know this post is rather belated, but better late than never!

1. 'Black Coffee' sweater from River Island: Until recently I'd never been the biggest fan of River Island, but while doing my usual round of online window shopping I decided to have a look at their website out of interest. I've developed quite a penchant for slogan pieces so my eye was drawn to this particular sweatshirt, and when I noticed it was limited edition I decided I had to snap it up. I've been wearing it a lot more than I expected I would, as I've found it's the ideal piece to throw on with jeans when you're feeling lazy yet still want to look put together.

2. Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick by Kate: After seeing Meg talk about this product in her September favourites video I decided to give it a try, and for only £4.49 you can't really go wrong. It's an amazing Autumnal shade and looks very seasonal combined with the Kate matte lipstick in 107 from the same line. I have hooded eyelids which tend to get quite oily, but this product stays put for the entire day with few noticeable signs of wear, even without an eyeshadow primer as a base. I'd definitely recommend it, especially for the  price!

3. Garnier Miscellar Water: When my usual makeup remover of choice ran out I decided to try something new, and opted for this product as I'd seen it raved about all over the blogosphere. I can officially say I've been converted! It takes off my makeup gently and in one quick glide, with no irritation whatsoever. I must admit I can be lazy at times when it comes to my nighttime beauty routine, but this product is incredibly easy to use and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I've heard it's similar to Bioderma, which I've never personally tried, but if you're on the market for a cheaper and more accessible cleansing water then this one is for you. 

4. Sleek's Contour Kit in 'Light': I've recently received quite a lot of compliments on my makeup and I'm almost certain it's down to this bad boy, a new introduction to my daily makeup routine. I've never previously tried contouring my face as the prospect of overdoing it seemed a little daunting, but now that I've tried this novice-friendly product I don't think I'll be looking back. The bronzer doesn't look too heavy on the skin and blends nicely, and the highlight is a gorgeous pinky silver hue which I believe would look amazing on any complexion. This is actually the first Sleek product I've purchased and I'm highly impressed by the quality of it considering the affordable price tag.

5. 'Not That Kind of Girl' by Lena Dunham: Since 'Girls' first aired on TV I must admit I've had quite a girl crush on Lena Dunham, so when I heard she was releasing a book I almost squealed and added it straight to my pre-order basket on Amazon. I had high expectations for it and I was not disappointed. The book is autobiographical and features a series of insightfully witty essays and anecdotes, which are perfect if you're looking for a light read which will put a smile on your face. Once again Lena has outdone herself with her display of creative talent. 

What did you enjoy last month? 

Hugs and kisses, Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment