Pages

5.2.15

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat 'Pillow Talk' Dupe

IMG_0055 IMG_0057 IMG_0060 IMG_0062

I don't know about you but I'm always lusting after new products, some of which fall into the high end bracket and are difficult to justify purchasing considering I'm not always certain I'll get along with them. Since I'm not always up for splurging on the latest eyeshadow palette or lip product, I always appreciate a good dupe and reading recommendations for alternative drug store products. I thought I'd try something new out on my blog and introduce a series of posts talking about dupes for pricier products that I've come across, so if you're anything like me and would like to try out some cheaper alternatives stay tuned!

While these particular products may not be an exact match, they are pretty similar and the cheaper option would make for a great alternative for those of you on a budget. After seeing all the recent Charlotte Tilbury hype I decided to pick up one of her 'Lip Cheat' liners in the shade 'Pillow Talk', although after trying it out I quickly realised how similar it is to Rimmel's 1000 Kisses lip liner in the colour 'Spice', which I already had in my makeup collection. The formula of both of these products is amazingly silky smooth and glides on seamlessly, leaving behind a matte finish which looks great on its own or acts as a resilient base for other lip products. Although both are a gorgeous nude shade, 'Spice' is ever so slightly darker with a few warmer undertones, but compared to the £16 'Pillow Talk', at £2.99 a pop you can't really go wrong. Both lip liners have excellent staying power but I would say 'Pillow Talk' lasts a little longer on the lips, although I suppose it's expected for a high end product.

If you're on the market for a similar shade to 'Pillow Talk' then I'd highly recommend this Rimmel alternative. Despite a few differences for a mere fraction of the price you can't really complain, and both lip liners are perfect for achieving a 90s inspired makeup look that everyone appears to be rocking right now. Let me know if you have tried either of these or have any other dupe recommendations, as I'd love to hear about them!

Sarah xo

3 comments :

  1. i've heard so many people say this is a good dupe, think i'll have to go pick it up asap - great post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rimmel liners are a favourite of mine and I never knew this was a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury! Thanks for sharing, I'm literally heading out to buy it now haha xx
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good to know! I do love a drugstore cheap product. :D I think I'll get this next time I pop by a shop. Home it's available in the UK! :D

    ReplyDelete