Pages

26.2.15

February Favourites

IMG_0443IMG_0446 IMG_0451 IMG_0452

1. Primark P.S. Love nail polishes: I've never tried any of Primark's makeup range before, but when I popped in recently with a bit of time to kill I found myself in their beauty section. I decided to try out some of their nail polishes, which usually retail at £1, but were reduced to only 80p in my local Primark- an absolute steal either way! The formula isn't the best I've tried as I found my nails started to chip after around three or four days of wear, so in future I'd apply the polish with a base and top coat, but at such a low price it's hardly something disastrous. What really impressed me however was the budget friendly price and vast selection of colours and finishes, which is why I decided to include this product in this month's favourites. If you want to update or experiment with your nail polish collection without breaking the bank then I highly suggest you stock up on these! Have you tried any other products from Primark? If you have any you recommend then please don't hesitate to let me know in the comments!

2. Collection Volumising Mascara: I'm incredibly impressed with this mascara and its ability to transform my sparse and stumpy looking lashes into something resembling a pair of falsies, especially for such an affordable drugstore product. Technically it shouldn't belong in this post since I've only been using it for a few days, but I love it so much that I had to share it with you. It has all the properties you would want to find in a mascara, making my lashes look longer and thicker, as the name suggests. The product has a plastic brush, which I wouldn't usually opt for, but I cannot rave about it enough. Alternatively if you are looking for a product falling into the high end bracket that will make your lashes look amazing then I urge you to take a look at the Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes. The product contains natural fibres to create the illusion of false lashes, creating incredible thickness and volume- enough to make anyone do a double take!

3. Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in the shade 'On and On Bronze': I already owned this product in the shade 'Everlasting Navy', but I found the colour really difficult to wear and pull off, so it remained relatively untouched. I kept seeing Estee talk about this specific shade so finally bit the bullet and decided to give the product a second chance, and can put my hands up and say I have no regrets. When I say I'm impressed that's a huge understatement. It is a cream eyeshadow and glides onto the eyelids seamlessly, either for an all over eye look or as part of a smoky eye. It is super easy and quick to apply, so I've worked it into my day-to-day makeup routine and found that it lasts perfectly from the moment I put it on from the second I remove my makeup. The name of the product certainly isn't a misnomer (although I'm not sure I can vouch for 24 hour longevity!).

4. Strawberry Fruit Hearts by Fruit Factory: I don't usually include snacks in my monthly favourites posts, but there's a first time for everything! Despite feeling like an oversized child when I eat these I cannot get enough. Coming from someone with a major sweet tooth I can honestly say they make a great, slightly healthier alternative to sweets for when you're craving something sugary. Perfect for a mid-afternoon snack fix!

5. Yummly app: This is also a new feature in my favourites posts, but since getting my new iPhone 6 I've been delving into the world of apps and trying new ones. I often find myself stuck in a rut in terms of the meals I prepare, so I downloaded this app one day when I was feeling particularly uninspired. What I love most about it is that you can tailor it to your own tastes, including information such as specific diets, allergies or simply foods you dislike. After entering these details the app will filter out any recipes that wont appeal to you, recommending some tastier dishes depending on your tastes. You can browse through the recommended dishes, search for your own using key words, and save any that catch your eye. The app is ideal for those of you who enjoy cooking but are lacking in the imagination department, plus it's free in the app store!

6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: I received a few samples of this eyeshadow primer with my Naked 3 palette, and they seem to be lasting me quite a long time. Since trying this product I haven't looked back, so much so that it just feels wrong when I apply my eyeshadow without it. It creates the perfect matte blank canvas for applying product, making it last all day with no creasing whatsoever. I'll definitely have to pick up the full sized version once this runs out!

7. My trip to Dundee: For those of you that don't know I'm currently in a long distance relationship since my boyfriend started university in Dundee in September. While on half term from college I decided to go up to Dundee over Valentine's weekend because we hadn't seen each other since Christmas. It was lovely to see him, enjoy each other's company and go on several date nights together, so it was definitely a highlight of my month! I planned to do a disposable diaries post featuring photos from my trip, but unfortunately I completely forgot to use my camera while I was there, although there are a few photos over on my Instagram that I hope will suffice.


3 comments :

  1. Love the Maybelline 24hr colour pots x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you on the Primark nail varnishes! They do chip easily after a few days, but they have some beautiful shades and finishes, and at £1 you can afford to grab yourself a couple everytime you're in (which is every few days for me- Primarkaholic!!!)

    Hunter // paisley-stripes.blogspot.co.uk

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations! Urban Decay have a sale on I think right now- or something with a discount code- I was wondering about their primers and if they're worth it. I'm covered in creases- eye-shadow, under eye... uh. I need to up my makeup game. :D

    ReplyDelete