Pages

16.2.15

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Dupe

IMG_0063 IMG_0070 IMG_0071

Along with pretty much all of the Thierry Mugler scents, Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb is one of my all time favourite perfumes and has become somewhat of a signature scent for me. Up until recently I was wearing it on a daily basis, although when my bottle started getting emptier I went on the hunt for a cheaper alternative, stumbling across Zara's Black Peony. The latter retails at around £5 for 30ml, while Flowerbomb is a steep £50 for the same sized bottle. I was rather sceptical at first considering the huge price difference, but I was pleased to find that the scents are practically identical.

Describing fragrances is not exactly my forte, although a quick Google search informs me that both comprise of sweet, florally jasmine notes with musky undertones, which I can definitely vouch for. Both scents are incredibly opulent and uplifting, and I've received a ton of compliments when wearing them- it's nearly impossible to avoid additively sniffing your wrists. The only downside to Black Peony is that it doesn't quite have the same longevity as Flowerbomb, although aside from that you'd never guess that one is only a tenth of the price! I'll definitely be repurchasing Zara's much more purse friendly alternative for a long time to come, rather than forking out an extortionate £50 whenever a bottle runs out.


1 comment :

  1. I have smelt some of the Zara fragrances before and thought they were really lovely! Definitely going to go spray this one on myself next time I'm shopping in there if it's a Flowerbomb dupe!!

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete