Pages

12.3.15

Urban Decay Naked Basics Dupe

IMG_0473 IMG_0471 IMG_0479 IMG_0480 IMG_0477

I recently popped into Superdrug to repurchase my holy grail Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, when I noticed they had a 2 for 3 offer on all Collection products. I was on the market for a new mascara so picked up their Volumising Mascara (as mentioned here) as well as this Eyes Uncovered nude palette, which I believe is a new addition to drugstore shelves. I have been lusting after Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette for the longest time, so when I spotted similarities between the two I had to get my hands on it.

Firstly I'll begin by talking about differences between the two products. While the Naked Basics palette is purely matte, Collection's counterpart features solely shimmery shades, so if you're looking for a more matte eyeshadow look then I wouldn't recommend this product. Furthermore the colour pay-off isn't quite as pigmented as Urban Decay's eyeshadows, however if you build up the colour and use an eyeshadow primer then you can easily achieve the desired look.

Despite this the shades in both palettes are almost identical, with both featuring six nude eyeshadows that are ideal for an everyday look. The hues range from pale metallic shades to more earthy brown tones, and they blend very easily and give a pretty decent colour pay-off. Although the Naked Basics palette is a tough competitor due to Urban Decay's renowned buttery formula, this is a great alternative to the 'do-it-all' palette that wont break the bank, costing a minuscule £3.99. At less than £1 an eyeshadow they are definitely worth trying out, and there are two other colour variations in the range look that equally as beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment