Pages

14.8.16

Culottes and Crop Tops






Top: American Apparel // Culottes: Primark // Boots: New Look // Bag: ASOS // Necklaces: Kate Spade, Pilgrim

Before moving back to London next week I've been attempting to tick off as much of my Manchester summer to-do list as possible. Today I finally got around to exploring the Whitworth art gallery with my sister, which featured an amazing exhibition curated by Elizabeth Price, comprising of an amalgam of mediums representing the recumbent human body in various states: sleep, mourning, languor and such forth. The nineteenth century architecture and surrounding gardens are beautiful in themselves, so I'd definitely recommend visiting if you ever get the chance to. Beforehand we took a mini detour to the Fletcher Moss Botanical Gardens and decided to embark on a little adventure with a picnic of goodies in tow. While the weather wasn't perfect it was certainly above average by the usual standards of the British summertime, so for that I was grateful not to have to endure sodden sandwiches or hair.

These trousers have undoubtedly contributed to my growing culotte obsession. Trousers that are comfortable enough to resemble pyjamas, yet maintain an air of sophistication and effortless chic? Yes please. Despite their loose shape they are surprisingly flattering when paired with a more minimal, dainty crop top that subtly exposes a peek of midriff. I've started to notice that the number of crop tops I've been purchasing is directly proportional to the number of culottes, and no doubt I'll be adding more to my sizeable collection soon. I have a problem, I know. If you have any culotte recommendations do feel free to enable my spending habits and leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment